The HEDA® Tough Wall System is an innovative solution to streamline construction, by offering a fast and easy way of creating wall openings in both internal and external applications.
- The HEDA Tough Wall System is made up of two components: The HEDAJamb and the HEDAConnector.
- The HEDA Tough Wall System decreases construction time and simplifies the construction process of constructing wall openings.
- The HEDA Tough Wall System is suited to a wide scope of projects.
Read time: 2 mins
From the foundations to the finishing touches, construction can be a long and arduous process; Studco Building Systems® have heard this sentiment from builders, contractors, and architects. It is our objective to reduce time spent on the jobsite and make the job easier in the process. Studco® have answered with a design that simplifies the composition of the steel framing system. The HEDAJamb and HEDAConnector together form the HEDA Tough Wall System; a resilient connection that give the wall system its strength and ease of installation.
What’s the difference?
Traditionally, wall openings would be constructed using boxed or back-to-back studs. This process requires two or in some larger openings, a combination of multiple studs and track sections to form a jamb stud and also a lintel. Read about more internal framing structure options for internal openings here.
Whilst this method remains highly popular, the HEDA Tough Wall System uses fewer sections and connections, thereby greatly decreasing construction time and simplifying the construction process. If your project involves any significant number of openings, each opening represents time and labour that could be saved or allocated towards other components of your project. Ultimately, HEDA complements the existing framing system.
Why choose HEDA?
Reduced construction time does not compromise premium performance. Engineered specifically for opening connections, HEDA is suited to openings of a vast range of applications. Whether it is to be installed internally or externally, for a window or a door, for a small or large opening, HEDA will fit the bill.
- Pre-engineered design that’s easy to install.
- Saves time on the jobsite.
- Versatile for both internal and external openings.
- Suited to a wide scope of projects, as its strength allows it to work with large openings and heavy structures.
- Made for you – Available in custom sizing for your project.
- Expert Technical Assistance – Studco engineering team will be on hand to ensure all your specifications, requirements and queries are met.
- Alternative to boxed or spiced studs that involves fewer sections and fewer connections.
Further Information Resources
HEDA Tough Wall System is a pre-engineered system comprising a series of jambs, tracks, and brackets. For more information on this, refer to p.26 of the Studco Product Catalogue.
Build with Confidence with the Studco Guarantee
All BCA requirements and Australian Standards are met by the HEDA system to alleviate concerns regarding code compliance. Defined by its premium quality, HEDA is manufactured from Australian-made BlueScope steel.
For more information on the HEDA Tough Wall System or related products, please email us at email@example.com or contact us on 1300 255 255.